Rock Chapel School, located in a fast-growing south DeKalb community near Lithonia, originated in 1825 as a one-room log meeting house. In 1940 the school was established on the present site. After many decades of facility upgrades and changes, Rock Chapel added a new wing with seventeen new classrooms in early 1999.
The vision of Rock Chapel Elementary is to provide a safe and nurturing learning environment that motivates stellar student performance and combine the efforts of the home, school, and community by meeting students where they are and helping them maximize their greatest potential.
The mission of Rock Chapel Elementary School is to provide a safe and nurturing learning environment that motivates stellar student performance and incorporates school, home, and community to promote and ensure lifelong Learning.
- We believe all student learning is the chief priority of the school.
- We believe our foremost responsibilities are to provide a quality education, a safe environment, and create the desire to become productive citizens.
- We believe it is essential that the school, parents, and the community share the responsibility for achievement and discipline.
- We believe all children are unique and have the potential to succeed.
- We believe challenging expectations increase individual student performance.
- We believe it is the responsibility of students, parents, teachers, administrators, support staff, and the community to establish and maintain a learning environment that is free of discrimination and is respectful and kind to all.
- We believe technology is essential in today's curriculum.