Rock Chapel School, located in a fast-growing south DeKalb community near Lithonia, originated in 1825 as a one-room log meeting house. In 1940 the school was established on the present site. After many decades of facility upgrades and changes, Rock Chapel added a new wing with seventeen new classrooms in early 1999.
Our purpose is to provide a safe and nurturing learning community which inspires all learners to perform at high levels. We unite school, home, and community to promote and ensure life-long learning.
- We believe all student learning is the chief priority of the school.
- We believe our foremost responsibilities are to provide a quality education, a safe environment, and create the desire to become productive citizens.
- We believe it is essential that the school, parents, and the community share the responsibility for achievement and discipline.
- We believe all children are unique and have the potential to succeed.
- We believe challenging expectations increase individual student performance.
- We believe it is the responsibility of students, parents, teachers, administrators, support staff and the community to establish and maintain a learning environment that is free of discrimination and is respectful and kind to all.
- We believe technology is essential in today's curriculum.